May 21, 2020
We hope that this message finds you healthy and safe. Thank you for your continued support of Banner Systems, and thank you for your patience during these unprecedented times. As a distributor of essential supplies, such as disinfectants, soap and sanitizer, cleaning supplies, and PPE, Banner Systems has remained open to serve our local hospitals and first-responders. We only service customers in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire. Banner Systems is committed to keeping our local communities safe, healthy, and functional.
As Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and the rest of New England begin to re-open, we felt that it was important to give you an update on the situation from our perspective. We continue to work closely with all of our manufacturers. Due to COVID-19 being a worldwide issue, all distributors are still on allocation for high-demand products, such as disinfectants, hand sanitizers, and PPE. We have been getting a steady stream of these products despite being on allocation, but please understand that lead-times are still extended.
Between raw material shortages, cost increases, and overwhelming demand, manufacturers have a long road ahead of them. These obstacles will have a trickle-down effect on distributors and end-users as well. Manufacturers are not accepting returns or cancellations on the aforementioned products. As such, Banner Systems will not be accepting returns on these products until further notice. We will not be able to cancel orders once they are processed.
Here are some changes that we have made, and continue to make, as we monitor the situation at Banner:
- We are allocating products to customers as best as we can, monitoring ordering patterns to prevent hoarding. Please understand that everyone is looking for the same products.
- Going forward, customers will no longer be allowed inside the office to place orders. Orders must be placed online, emailed, or called in. Customer pickups are still allowed, but customers must stay outside at the loading dock while their order is picked.
- We are proud to announce that we have not laid off any employees. All of our local sales reps are working from home, and they are available for free webinars/virtual meetings regarding post-pandemic cleaning.
- Employees will have their temperature taken with a non-contact infrared thermometer upon entering the office.
- Delivery drivers are not having customers sign for orders until further notice to prevent contamination. Drivers will ask for the name of the person receiving the order (if possible) and sign for it themselves. We are asking that those who are present at the time of delivery practice the social distancing standards set forth by the state.
We will continue to make changes on-the-fly as the situation evolves. Please feel free to reach out to your sales representative regarding product questions, product availability, and post-pandemic cleaning guidelines. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we continue to navigate through uncharted territory. Please be safe, conscious of others, and stay well!