As a business owner or facility manager, you already know the importance of setting goals. Goals ensure that your team is heading in the right direction, and they let your customers know what the future will hold. Goal setting is an important part of creating a sustainable cleaning program, but many business owners don\’t know where to begin. To help you get started, we\’ve created a list of some of the top sustainability goals that business and facilities of all kinds can adopt:
- Increase the use of green cleaning supplies in New England and purchase equipment that meets the requirements of LEED-EBOM.
- Volunteer for an environmentally-friendly organization as a team, or consider raising money for your favorite environmental charity.
- To gain huge cost-saving and environmental benefits, reduce the quantity or volume of the cleaning products you use.
- Cut the amount of water and energy you use in your cleaning operations.
- Train and certify your janitorial staff in green cleaning procedures.
- Switch to recycled paper products and invest in dispensers that reduce paper consumption.
- Minimize waste by using products that can be recycled or reduce disposal.
To make 2014 a greener year, select a few of these goals for your business and contact one of our team members at 1-800-242-1400 to learn about the green cleaning supplies in New England that can make your janitorial program more sustainable.