Pest control is an important part of any facility’s cleaning and maintenance program, and making it a priority helps protect the health and well-being of the people who work and visit your building. Follow these tips to pest-proof your facility!
- Keep all food tightly sealed and properly stored, especially in the cafeteria and kitchen.
- Instruct your custodial staff to pay special attention to public eating areas and high-volume spaces where food scraps, crumbs and trash are likely to accumulate.
- Remove clutter from areas that are undisturbed or used infrequently.
- Regularly dispose of trash, and store it in sealed dumpsters or containers.
- Frequently inspect weather-stripping and mortar around windows and your building’s foundation, and repair when necessary.
- Clean loading dock areas frequently and ensure that dumpster lids close tightly.
- Never leave outside doors open for extended periods of time.
- Inspect your building’s exterior for holes and cracks and seal them to prevent entry by pests.
- Ensure that all storage areas are kept dry and well-ventilated.
Following these tips can prevent pests from infiltrating your building, but if you are already experiencing an infestation, check out our pest control products to eliminate them. We provide a wide range of pest control products that will eliminate pests from your facility and prevent them from returning. To learn more, contact the team at Banner Systems today!