Viruses and germs are threats year-round, but the risk is particularly high right now for the common cold, influenza and norovirus. Preventing these germs from spreading throughout your facility is good for your employees and for your bottom line: each year, over 110 million workdays are lost due to just the flu, costing businesses about $7 billion in lost productivity and sick days.
So what is the best way to prevent these losses and keep germs at bay? We recommend a facility-wide approach that relies on the best cleaning supplies in Brockton, MA, available right here at Banner Systems.
Follow these tips to keep your facility, employees and business healthy throughout flu season:
– Regularly sanitize and disinfect surfaces, and properly train your staff on the correct cleaning procedures. They should know that cleaning removes germs and dirt but doesn\’t always kill them. Sanitizing reduces the number of germs to a safe level, and disinfecting actually kills them.
– High-touch surfaces should be disinfected daily. These objects and surfaces include elevator buttons, doorknobs, countertops, desks, faucets, phones and keyboards. Remember that the viruses that cause the flu and the common cold can live for hours on hard surfaces, so multiple cleanings may be needed throughout the day to safeguard your facility.
– Provide disinfecting wipes for fast, easy cleaning. When you use wipes, you don\’t have to worry about dilution or chemical concentrations.
– Don\’t forget about soft surfaces! Viruses can survive on couches, carpets and curtains for up to 12 hours, so us EPA-registered disinfectants on these objects as well.
– Encourage your employees to wash their hands frequently and place antibacterial hand sanitizers in common areas to prevent the spread of germs.
We have all the cleaning supplies in Brockton you need to follow these tips and keep your facility healthier this flu season. Contact our team today to learn more!